You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-06 07:36:15

PaRaSiTe

DMQ has gone extinct

I noticed the other night that the very last of the remaining DMQ servers have disappeared from the server list.  What is left of the DMC community are several hookmod ones with 8 bots each--all of which have quads and pents sprinkled at every turn.

XYA30sB.jpg

So sad....... Was hoping something would still come of the DMQ:Source Resurrection project.  Cheers!

#2 2014-05-06 12:50:34

OG_CaRboN

Re: DMQ has gone extinct

DMQ : Source is pretty much dead. 

I had to stop working on the mapping / art  portion of it a few years back because I found a few jobs and they took a lot of my time.  At some point after that, mfrx dropped off the map and the dmq files for dmc have as well...  I can no longer access the .svn if it's still there...  not really not sure what's going on with it any more, but would consider it a no-go unless mfrx resurfaces and gets it reorganized.  I'm 3 computers later here, and no longer have any of the files, as they were kept on .svn. 

The last time I looked at the dmc server list, there were no servers running anything good anymore, so gave up on that as well.  What's everyone playing now, besides Quake Live?

meep

#3 2014-06-23 00:39:41

-=]Qu454|2[=-

thats bad news, i never finished dmc_hoppa -_-

is it possible to host your own dmq game or something?

#4 2014-08-08 21:20:22

PaRaSiTe

Such a shame about DMQ Source... Not sure what ever happened to mfrx his site no longer exists or anything. Was a dream of mine for so many years to see Quakeworld in new engines.

@Qu, if you have the DMQ files you can replace your original DLL files in your local install (i.e., client.dll) then when you launch DMC and load up a map it will use DMQ so you can play all the maps like that.

Board footer