You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-11 13:34:06

eejot

New -=[BaF]=- server

Hi to all

Just to let everybody know that there is a new -=[BaF]=- server online running DMC ffa, this is the first -=[BaF]=- clan server up and running since the demise of dmc-central run by Zapper, who did a great job running and managing the site and the servers,,,,,,cheers Simon smile

Please let me know if you have any problems on the server or you have any suggestions.

Hopefully if all goes well i will try to put up a DMQ server also as i think this would be great fun big_smile.

p.s.........a note to you Rob, being new to this server stuff i could do with your help on sorting out the "admin" commands etc, as the site is hosted by e-frag, many thx buddy.

C U ON THE OTHERSIDE//////////////////////////eejot.............aka -=[BaF]Edge=-

AKA -=[BaF]edge=- Dont be fooled by my Burger King crown, I is proper Royalty me !!

#2 2010-11-12 18:25:52

Rob
Administrator

Re: New -=[BaF]=- server

Cool! Glad to see the return of -=[BaF]=-; was always a fun server. I've been looking into putting up a DMQ server but I don't think it'll work on e-frag, as (as far as I know) there isn't a DMQ version for Linux, which is what e-frag use.

Are you in touch with Simon at all? I was thinking of asking him if he had a backup of the old dmc-central forums; it would be a shame to lose all that dmc history, and I might be able to create a new forum with all the old posts.

I'm happy to help in any way I can - I've got you on my Steam Friends list (I'm in as Coincidence or Flumm Blipp) so ask away.

#3 2010-11-12 22:00:40

eejot

Hi Rob

Thx for the help earlier, everything fine and dandy now smile.

On the simon topic, i have'nt seen him around for years but i will ask about to see if someone can get in touch with him though, your right dmc-central was such a rich source of information it would be a shame to lose it all.

Shame about the linux / e-frag DMQ problem because i wanted to start a DMQ server for ffa, maybe speak to pix to see if there is any chance he has created one maybe ?......i will ask when i see him next, if not what about hosting from a windows based server, is there anyone out there with a similar price structure in the uk ?

anyhow speak soon m8 and cheers again ...................eej smile

AKA -=[BaF]edge=- Dont be fooled by my Burger King crown, I is proper Royalty me !!

#4 2010-11-17 22:42:22

dirk

hi there 

i was surprised too open my browser and see the baf tag    lol    but it was soo smooth   i jump on whenever i see a guy on there now   smile

good maps too smile

#5 2010-11-17 23:13:03

OG_Fireball

Rob wrote:

Cool! Glad to see the return of -=[BaF]=-; was always a fun server. I've been looking into putting up a DMQ server but I don't think it'll work on e-frag, as (as far as I know) there isn't a DMQ version for Linux, which is what e-frag use.

DMQ 1 does have a Linux compile. I think I have a copy if you are interested. I also think you could get it from Divebomber at http://Free-fall.net

OG_Fireball

#6 2010-11-21 18:36:32

eejot

Thx Fireball

Looking at going with UK-game severs to host a new DMQ2 ffa server as they run windows based servers, but if that does'nt work out i'll be hitting you up for that DMQ1 compile wink

cheers eej.

Board footer