You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-05 10:45:52

oRe

DMC/Q config for ZeroRadiant

I would like to try some mapping, just for my own entertainment, so I downloaded ZeroRadiant, since it's compatible or better said compilable with/on my Linux-Machine.

Maybe I did not search enough at google, but I did not find anything related to DMC/Q Gamepacks for ZeroRadiant/GtkRadiant...

Could anyone, who has got this files, upload them somewhere?

Thank you in advance,

oRe

#2 2011-03-06 05:09:58

OG_CaRboN

Re: DMC/Q config for ZeroRadiant

I didn't know the  ZeroRadiant fork was designed for anything other than T4 / T5 compatibility (ET specifically... and eventually for RAGE).  It's kind of surprising that it would work with any GoldSRC game at all but I haven't looked at the Trac for some time.
1.4.0 works for GoldSRC and you can if you're crafty - get 1.5 working with it as well.
There are no DMC / DMQ game packs for any Radiant.  You have to make the .game files yourself custom to wherever you are storing your game files, wads etc (I'd just suggest using the HL ones and changing the info).  Also, with some versions you're going to need one version of .wad files in your /dmc/ directory and a duplicate in your /maps/ directory if you plan to compile from there and see the wads in your textures windows (a lot of people usually miss this part).

What Linux are you running it from?

meep

#3 2011-03-06 11:22:37

oRe

Good to know! I couldn't figure that out by just reading, dumb me :]

Right now I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 Bit.

So you suggest using (Gtk-)Radiant 1.4 instead?

What's the best map-editor that runs (best would be native) with any Linux-Distribution?

Regards, oRe

Last edited by oRe (2011-03-06 11:23:20)

#4 2011-03-07 00:26:31

OG_CaRboN

If you can find 1.4 for Linux anymore, you'd probably be better off with it in the long run, depending on if you can get it running (I've never tried using Radiant in Linux).
I know that only 1.5 and 1.6 are currently distributed through Trac... so if 1.5 is what you end up using, let me know how it goes in Ubuntu.

I'm considering a USB stick install for carrying around content.  Ubuntu / Kubuntu KDE are 2 of the candidates.

meep

Board footer