You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-20 02:32:02

mfrx

DMQ3 - Feel free to bow down and worship me... (Linux Works)

...or not.

DMQ3 now works on linux - at least I could enter the server and run around.

I may have broken a boat load of stuff in my quest for nice cross compiling code.  The main issue (if any) will be with case SeNsitIve stuff.  Hopefully it will be fine, but if you can't change mode or something, please let me know.

EDIT: Check this thread for latest: http://dmc.vibrion.org/viewtopic.php?id=31

Just extract that in to your dmc directory and restart your server.  The download should be valid for both Windows and Linux servers.

For existing DMQ servers, please do copy everything, although the important stuff is as follows:
dlls/dmc.dll (obviously)
addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll (metamod-p is now required - http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/)
modes/race
modes/tricks

New features include:
A race mode that works (or at least seems to - give it a try!)
Tricks mode that works.
Linux compatibility.
New cvar: maptextallowed (setting this to 1 will allow game_text entities to be shown).  Pix disabled this (with good cause on the spamming MTN maps) but Carbon wanted it for his maps.  Now it is down to the admin.  Default = 0.

Last edited by mfrx (2011-01-12 17:37:40)

#2 2010-12-20 02:53:48

OG_CaRboN

Re: DMQ3 - Feel free to bow down and worship me... (Linux Works)

mfrx wrote:

but Carbon wanted it for his maps.  Now it is down to the admin.  Default = 0.

Because I am a SILLY TWAT.

Also, thanks.  big_smile  Also also:  SourceForge link broken.

This one? 

http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net

Wait... does the .zip you provided have the updated (to metamod-p) metamod.dll?

Last edited by OG_CaRboN (2010-12-20 03:09:13)

meep

#3 2010-12-20 12:47:43

mfrx

hehehe

It included the bracket when converting the link - fixed that.

Yes, the zip includes metamod-p

#4 2010-12-24 01:23:12

eejot

I want to be like you when i grow up big_smile

AKA -=[BaF]edge=- Dont be fooled by my Burger King crown, I is proper Royalty me !!

#5 2010-12-24 18:18:18

mfrx

lol eejot :-)

Has anyone tried this on Linux yet?

#6 2010-12-24 19:54:59

OG_Fireball

I am starting to standup a linux server now. It might take me a few days to get everything going. I am going to try do it all by command line and not use a GUI so it will take me longer because I am not a linux expert.

BTW mfrx is there a reson the msvcr100.dll has to be in the HLSevrer folder instead of the DMC folder? This has been the only way I can get it going and my hosted servers I do not have access above the DMC folder so I cannot add the file to this location.

OG_Fireball

#7 2010-12-24 23:28:38

mfrx

O bugger, yes, the dll has to be next to the exe.  Any dll needs to either be registered with the system (not an option on hosted servers) or next to the program file (exe) so that it can find it.  The dmc.dll is a special case - hl.exe knows where to look for it.

I don't know of a way round that - but I will have a look into it.  Perhaps you could ask your host if they can move it for you?

#8 2010-12-25 04:21:56

OG_Fireball

OK I have a test server going "DMQ3 Linux Test" I do not have adminmod fully configured yet so bare with me but looks like FFA is working I only have default maps on it so far also.

This is a virtual server running on my ESXi host and this physical IBM server is VERY LOUD so I turn it off at night or my wife cannot sleep. I am going to move it to my garage soon but I do not have a cat5 drop out there right now so for now it will only run during the day (CST).

OG_Fireball

#9 2010-12-25 23:36:28

OG_Fireball

OK Linux runs fine in the game modes I have tested so far (ffa, 2on2, 3on3, arena). The problem I have is I cannot get the vote plugin working so I cannot change the mode unless I edit the allmodes.cfg to use the default mode I want.

I have tried changing the mode by vote and in the console. I have also tried to change it with rcon from hlsw console with no luck.

OG_Fireball

#10 2010-12-26 03:05:55

OG_Fireball

I have tested a few more modes on the linux box clanarena, ctf, lms, rumble are working as far as I can tell but dmm4, midair and race are not working. I spawn and I am am only able to jump can not move or spectate like I should be able to.

OG_Fireball

#11 2011-01-02 17:33:05

mfrx

Sorry for the late reply.

I have refactored the code and done a quick test.

You can grab the latest .dll/.so here: EDIT: http://dmc.vibrion.org/viewtopic.php?id=31

That should mean that you can change mode in console or using HLSW.

EDIT:  DMM4 and Midair seem to work - but you do need to ensure that you have the maps in the mapcycle (or edit it).

Let me know how you get on.

Last edited by mfrx (2011-01-12 17:38:02)

Board footer