You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 21:28:13

mfrx

DMQ3 : Race

Race mode finally works - well, it seems to anyway!

It's you vs time.  You can create your own routes using a new command: racepoint.  The Haxxors duel server has the latest build - just "votemode race".

I have created a couple of routes on dmc_dmz1 and bunnyrace_beta2.  Make sure that you hit the waypoints (purple flags).  You start at the blue flag, end at the red flag.

The route creation is a bit funky - best to do that on your own I think, but actual racing seems to work fine with multiple players.  You can use the DMQ menu (bind m "menu").  While in race, there is an additional option which allows you to select which route you want and whether to allow weapons or not.

#2 2010-12-20 08:58:28

Pix

Re: DMQ3 : Race

Had a go on this last night. It booted me off the server a couple of times and readied me on maps without a route. Also it didn't pick up the existing route every time - I got told there were no routes on dmz1 twice. Seemed to work ok after that though and I set up a route on dmz3 ok. Not sure about having to go in and out of console when you are making waypoints.....

It should show the high score table every time, otherwise you don't know what you are trying to beat. The only other problem I had was the collision detection seemed quite strict vertically so I could rj through the final flag on dmz1 and it didn't pick it up every time. Another idea would be to detect whether you used a weapon or not, for the high score table rather than having the two modes.

I noticed that the ramps appear to be slightly bouncier, like they used to be which is an improvement as far as I'm concerned. Some ramp jumps were too temperamental to be useful as it was.

I'll lend a hand if you want to put this lot into svn somewhere. If Linux is working, there probably isn't that much work required but I expect there will be plenty of tweaking. It would be nice to get this finished, 6 years after I started on it.

#3 2010-12-20 12:58:27

mfrx

Hmm,  I don't know why you got kicked off - that's a bit odd.  What were you doing at the time?

I should have said, just bind a key to racepoint - I use "bind n racepoint" ;-)  It could really do with buttons on the client but I don't want to mess with that really.

I added dmz3 to the rotation - no idea how you were so quick!  Making the bounding box taller shouldn't be too much of a problem - it is 32*32*32 atm.

Losing routes is a PITA - I thought I had sorted that.  Do you know when it happened?  It should reload route information everytime the map changes and save it whenever you save a route or get on the high score table.

Totally agree on showing the table - I had to look at the file to figure out your times ;-)

I havn't touched the ramp code, but may have started off with the wrong source sad

It is on my svn server, but that is not public, I will sort something out - there are about 6000 warnings to fix now!  (DMC had loads, compilers are a bit stricter now).

Last edited by mfrx (2010-12-20 13:05:56)

#4 2010-12-20 13:05:25

OG_BeAsT

Hey mfrx smile

have a look at the race stats.... hehehe

i would say you are a little bit slow big_smile

best ping is not all....

cu m8

#5 2010-12-20 13:06:33

mfrx

Everyone knows I am slow - still kick your arse though tongue

#6 2010-12-20 14:44:39

Pix

I think I was trying to set up a route when I got kicked off. It may have been Steam acting up. Probably best to ignore it unless I can get it to happen again.

I don't know how beast got on but there should be loads of room for improvement in my dmz3 times, as I never did get it quite right + I was doing it without weapons.

Losing the routes happened both times on dmz1. Once when I changed modes to race in the first place, and again where the map timed out and showed the scores and I admined it back to dmc_dmz1 again before it went to the next map.

#7 2010-12-20 17:51:40

mfrx

Hmm, well I have buggered something up then!  Will have a look.

Board footer