You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-18 23:31:15

OG_CaRboN

DMQ Preservation

Hey peeps.

It's been a long time!  Every 6 months to a year, I reinstall Steam - and get a chance to see there are STILL no DMQ servers running.  Then, as an afterthought, I notice that there are no actual players on the DMC servers either.  Not surprising, the servers that I do see running are pretty horrible ( a million quads, no actual Quake like atmosphere - that kind of thing).  Yes, I know - the skilled have moved on to other games.  There's Quake Live, there's Reflex, etc.

The bummer is that since mfrx's site has disappeared, there has been no proper preservation of the DMQ fork of DMC Pro.  Google has been most unproductive in this matter as well.  I'm currently in the process of putting the 1393 site back together, and in this process, I'd like to preserve any and all material for DMQ and make these game files available to everyone.

I had a lot of this material, but sadly, it's on a useless, dead drive.  SO... my question to you, community,  is this:  What files do you still have?  I am looking for Client and Server .dll files, source code, models, zip files, anything.  Any DMQ files you have, from any version.  I'd prefer the final version (the last version mfrx made that included my armor shard models and the armor shard code is of highest priority of course, but I'm really looking for anything).  This stuff needs to be preserved and I'm very interested in doing this. 

Of course, this probably means bringing back a few DMQ servers and DMQ duel servers as well.  Stateside. big_smile

Interested?  Hit me up on facebook - Enki Carbone, or leave a message here.  I'd really like to do this.  We had a lot of talented bunny hoppers in this game, and a lot of good people.  We had a great thing here.  The sites have slowly fallen off the map.  This was a great game.  It was sad to see it die, but it would be even worse to bury it permanently without any memory of what it was.  I love you guys, thanks for your time. <3

Thoughts?

meep

#2 2015-10-21 14:06:28

WetGirl

Re: DMQ Preservation

Hey Enki wink

Long time ago.....

Forgot my old account password...

Have some stuff you needed... Models, dll...., maps.... most id from players wink

OG_BeAsT

#3 2015-10-28 01:05:36

-=]Qu454|2[=-

130 and some DMQ maps

https://mega.nz/#!MQMQESgI!b6HukC2kcv6I … v_jn-kou2c

i still have some trickjump maps on my to do list, it would be nice if there was a server again!

#4 2015-10-28 01:57:01

OG_CaRboN

Beast:  Client dll would be a big help, still trying to track down latest server .dll as well.  I'm back on Steam now if you can find your old pw.

Thanks, -=]Qu454|2[=- !  This helps a lot.  big_smile

meep

#5 2015-10-28 06:56:08

_KaszpiR_

Here is some stuff I've found on my disks - I focused just on dmq dll files and models

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/dmq/listing.txt

wget -i listing.txt

I may have more files on disk, like maps, models and so on, but it is mixed dmc/dmq and probably would be easier to pack everything and upload it somwhere.
I expect it would be something about 1GB of everything - maps, dll files, models, and all the crap that I gathered over 7 years ago.

#6 2015-10-28 23:20:06

OG_CaRboN

KaszpiR - Excellent!  Thank you so much!

It's probably going to take me a while to get this all sorted, but I'm glad someone had it. 

Cheers m8! big_smile

meep

#7 2015-10-29 19:54:00

_KaszpiR_

You're welcome smile

Interesting, I've seen quite a lot of people from various gaming communities coming back to the old games 'recently'.
I guess that after 10~15 year's break people are looking back at the changes and try to refresh the memory of 'good old times' just for a moment.
I've seen it in various games - Quake/QuakeWorld, Q2, Q3/vq3 and cpma, and other. Of course technology goes forward an not everything is possible (like license servers are going offline), but they try to play the game at least for a moment.
I had that moment and played Q1 single player again like couple of years ago just for fun.

Now, refreshing all those memories linked to the HL series and other games....

The sad part - time moves on and not everything can be restored - just like a damaged picture found in the attic.

But still I hope I managed help you somehow. smile

Last edited by _KaszpiR_ (2015-10-29 19:56:50)

#8 2015-11-18 02:16:04

OG_CaRboN

I'm still missing DMQ3, which would be the last version of DMQ mfrx was working on / released.  I was using it on the 1393 MIDWEST DMQ server in 2011-ish, and still can't find a copy.  It had the armor shard code in it too.  Really wish I could find the client / server binaries for it.  sad

Also, still missing a bunch of maps, hookse, pkeg, idk a lot,  and all the support files, sounds res skies are gone or all messed up.  I miss the old dmc-central download area. 

Anyway I have a test server up intermittently.  It's not DMQ3 but it's DMQ FFA something.  Now to re-learn the whole resgen thing and try to get by with what I have in adminmod.  Cheers everyone.

meep

#9 2016-01-17 14:12:35

oRe

Aloha Folks,

I am not sure, whether these are exactly the files in their last state, but after a short google-search, i found this list, which seems to have the files you need in a downloadable state:

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/dmq/listing.txt

Otherwise these aren't the files mfrx posted in his dmq3 thread ... therefore i continue to search...
[pFc]oRe

Last edited by oRe (2016-01-17 14:14:58)

#10 2016-09-07 05:21:39

PaRaSiTe

I wish I could help you but I can find no record in my own archives of any DMQ3 files. Honestly I don't even remember ever trying it out with the trick/race mode etc. I would love for someone to have a copy of the Beta 6 that was posted (original download link was http://dmq.geeky.cc/Downloads/DMQ3-Required-Beta6.zip) but I can't find it anywhere, no archived copy of that either anywhere online.

Does anyone know where mfrx disappeared to? The Steam account he had hasn't been signed into in 1,804 days, about September 29, 2011 and of course all traces of his old site and blog are long gone.

Like so much on the Internet, I will see sites and downloads and figure "eh, it'll be here forever no need to download or save a copy" and then when I finally get around to checking again it has gone missing. Probably 3/4 of all my bookmarked sites are defunct as well now.

Anyway, revisiting these posts and this forum brings me all kinds of nostalgia and sort of underlying sadness thinking back to the good old days. DMC and the community had more impact and memories for me than any other game ever made, going back to the DMC Central days and pre-Steam community. It was a much happier and carefree time in my life and I remember many all-nighters playing DMC and making new friends.

If you or anyone ever manage to dig up DMQ3 I would love to get it myself...

#11 2016-09-26 21:23:23

brein *NL*

Whoo, long time ago.

I have some DMQ server backups on my drive. somewhere...:)

Gr. Brein *NL*

#12 2016-11-06 14:16:11

OG_CaRboN

PaRaSiTe wrote:

I wish I could help you but I can find no record in my own archives of any DMQ3 files. Honestly I don't even remember ever trying it out with the trick/race mode etc. I would love for someone to have a copy of the Beta 6 that was posted (original download link was http://dmq.geeky.cc/Downloads/DMQ3-Required-Beta6.zip) but I can't find it anywhere, no archived copy of that either anywhere online.

Does anyone know where mfrx disappeared to? The Steam account he had hasn't been signed into in 1,804 days, about September 29, 2011 and of course all traces of his old site and blog are long gone.

Like so much on the Internet, I will see sites and downloads and figure "eh, it'll be here forever no need to download or save a copy" and then when I finally get around to checking again it has gone missing. Probably 3/4 of all my bookmarked sites are defunct as well now.

Anyway, revisiting these posts and this forum brings me all kinds of nostalgia and sort of underlying sadness thinking back to the good old days. DMC and the community had more impact and memories for me than any other game ever made, going back to the DMC Central days and pre-Steam community. It was a much happier and carefree time in my life and I remember many all-nighters playing DMC and making new friends.

If you or anyone ever manage to dig up DMQ3 I would love to get it myself...

This is the exact situation I was in.  I can't find a DMQ3 v6 anywhere.  It was the bees knees.  Ran it briefly on the 1393 server before calling it quits, but that drive is burned up.  I'm not sure if it was released for that long before disappearing.  Dammit.

meep

Board footer